How Often Should I Replace My Water Panel?
If you use a whole-home humidifier, it is essential to make sure you perform regular maintenance on your humidifier to ensure that it continues to function properly throughout the winter and keep your home comfortable while the heating system is being used.
How to Change Your Humidifier’s Water Panel
Below is a list of steps to help you easily change your water panel.
- Shut off the power to your furnace and then locate the panel cover on the outside of your humidifier.
- Open or remove the panel cover and slide out the enclosure that holds the water panel.
- Remove and dispose of the hold water panel.
- Insert the new water panel into the enclosure.
- Slide the water panel enclosure back into the humidifier, ensuring it is in the correct direction
- Then make sure the enclosure is inserted securely.
- Replace or close the panel and power up your furnace.
Tips for Regular Humidifier Maintenance
In addition to changing the water panel, we’ve put together a few tips on how to maintain your humidifier:
- If you have a reservoir style humidifier, be sure to clean out the reservoir to remove mineral deposits and to remove bacteria.
- Clean the mineral buildup from the humidifier solenoid, orifice, and other components of the humidifier.
- Be sure the humidifier is level to ensure it operates properly.
- Check your whole home humidifier and the surrounding area for leaks and standing water.
- Check your humidistat for proper operation.
Professional Humidifier Maintenance Services
If you are not comfortable performing maintenance on your whole-home humidifier, you can trust the expert team at Restano Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing to service your humidifier and keep it properly maintained throughout the winter.
When searching for “humidifier services near me,” be sure to choose Restano for all of your HVAC needs. Contact us today to learn more!