Central Heating System Maintenance in Pittsburgh
Homeowners looking save money this winter are taking measures to ensure their central heating systems are in top working order. Properly maintained systems will not only provide warmth and comfort to a home but will help prevent unwanted repairs. By having a contractor complete a preseason checkup, a homeowner will be certain their heating system is safe and efficient.
Here are some of the points the contractor should check:
- Thermostat settings - to make sure the house remains a comfortable temperature
- Tighten electrical connections - faulty electrical can reduce the life of major parts
- Lubricate moving parts - lack of lubrication will cause parts to wear out faster
- Check the condensate drain - a plugged drain could cause water damage
- Check the controls - ensures the systems starts and stops safely
- An HVAC contractor will have the tools and training to properly maintain heating systems, Call and make an appointment before problems occur and have a safe and warm winter.